Sunday, July 8, 2012

Grape Salad

Since this blog is about handmade/homemade things, it seems fitting to share the recipe for the most amazing summer salad. Mom brought a whole cake pan of this yummy salad last week. I think I ate it for supper three times last week, during the 7 day heatwave we had. This is what it looks like.....

Here is the recipe(from my mom)....
4lbs of seedless grapes (red and/or green) I use both
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbl brown sugar (I used a lot more to be sure the top was well covered)
4 oz chopped pecans (I used more of course)

Wash and dry the grapes
Mix cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla and sugar together until smooth. Pour mixture over the grapes and stir until well covered; pour into pan. Top with brown sugar; then top with chopped pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment