Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Strawberry freezer jam

I missed the very short strawberry season this year, which is a huge bummer. Last year was my 1st year picking strawberries and making jam. My mom always made it so I wanted to give it a try. I had no idea how many strawberries to get so I went a little overboard! I will have enough jam for this year too! I wonder how many times Grandma made freezer jam and think about how much she had to make! Wowza!


The strawberries were so ripe and beautiful.

It took a long time to prepare them to make for jam but I had help, thank goodness. :)

I am sure grandma did not use plastic Ball jars! I should be ashamed. Crazy plastic world we live in! Making the jam was one of the funnest things I did last summer! Plus it tastes so good.

I even made my first pie. It was so good! I have strawberries & rhubarb frozen to make another one. I need to do that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment